Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Secret Life of Seahores @ The Monterey Bay Aquirium

My Mom & I took the kids to Monterey the week after Calyn's birthday. On the first day, we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. They have a SeaHorse exhibit there called "the Secret Life of Seahorses". Tons of different types in all sizes.

Before kids, Greg & I dove a lot. Seahorese were one of my favorite little creatures to seek out in the ocean.

This is s great exhibit. If you can, you should go see it!

The first photo is of tiny little seahorses, but it is hard to tell, because they are all small. They are about 1/2 inch long.
The second photo is of a bigger "horse" swimming. Check out the fin on his back. That is how they propel themselves through the water.

The last picture is of me & the kids in front of a statue of a male seahorse. Did you know that make seahorse give birth to live babies and then watch over them? Really cool stuff!

0 comments: