Monday, September 24, 2007

Christmas Joy Card


This is a card that I made for a recent swap. I wanted to do something Christmas and I had just bought the "Season of Joy" stamp set.

The card base is a 4 1/4" by 8 1/2" piece of real red c/s. I stamped the flower from "In the Spotlight" using Very Vanilla Craft ink onto Old Olive cardstock. I adhered that to the Real Red and added the patterned paper from SU!'s designer paper pack "Dashing". I then took the River Rock ribbon and tied it to the card so the you can not see where the two papers meet.

The focal is Very Vanilla c/s with Old Olive ink. I used a damp Q-Tip to remove the ink from the poinsettias and Joy and then used my Real Red marker on those images, making sure to "huff" before stamping.

I then stamped the small circle flower in Real Red on WW c/s and punched out using the 3/4" circle punch. I added some glitter using Dazzling Diamonds & the Two-way glue pen. I adhered the punched circle with a dimensional to add depth to the card.

Lastly, I punched out the flower using the Snowflake, this is a perfect stamp to use with this punch. Added the brad and adhered with a dimensional.

It sounds like a lot of steps but this card actually comes together quickly. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Shara K.B. Hart said...

Very cute card! Someone please make one for me since I won't be at the meeting. We'll be camping again. Good work on your blog Elyse! :-)