Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Halloween Trophy Card


I went to an upline meeting in August and one of the Demonstrators made this really cute Christmas Trophy card. I decided that my club girls would love it and decided to make it a Halloween version.

The card base is Pumpkin Pie 4 1/4" by 11". Score at 10", 8 1/4", 7 1/4" & 5 1/2". Turn around and make the same scores, except for the 5 1/2", it will already be there from your previous scoring. At your 5 1/2" score line, cut 1/2" from one side, to 1/2" from the other side. Fold your card at the scores to make it easy to manipulate. Pick a front side and then wheel using Spooky Skyline in Pumkpin Pie. Just under your wheel marks there will be two score lines 1/2" apart. Cut Basic Black c/s and Creepy Crawly designer paper, punch each using Ticket Punch, adhere together and to card.
Next, I made the focal. I used Shimmery White c/s and stamped an image from Booglie Eyes, making sure to stamp close to the top. Then I stamped the greeting, not to low, or it will not show up. I then layered Pumkpin Pie & Basic Black c/s to the focal.
Now for the tricky part. At the bottom of the card, there is a 1/2" score at the bottom. I tucked both the front & back side under and slid the focal through the Puimpkin Pie c/s and lined up the focal so that it was even with the bottom of each. I then took SNAIL and ran it all the way along each tucked under flap and pushed all three pieces (tucked under flaps and focal) together.
The end result is that the card will stand up once it is opened. This is nice for a birthday card, Christmas card, etc. and will look really nice on someone's desk at work or at home. Enjoy!

1 comments:

kdj said...

Cute idea! Welcome to the blogging world :)