Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Priceless Butterfly in Bayou Blue


Here is a card a made a while back for an on line challenge. The card base is 4 1/4" by 11" in Bayou Blue. I wheeled So Swirly onto the Bayou Blue base. I took a piece of River Rock c/s and made scalloping using the corner punch (this effect is achieved by removing the guard). I then layered the River Rock with a piece of Le Jardin designer paper and adhered to base.
I then took a piece of Shimmery White c/s and using the swirl stamp from Priceless, I stamped using Soft Sky ink. I stamped the butterfly & Priceless work in Bayou Blue.
I then rounded the corners of both the Shimmery White c/s and Bayou Blue c/s using the Corner Rounder Punch. I added So Saffron Brads.
I then stamped the butterfly again on a small piece of Shimmery White c/s and cut out. I added some glitter using Dazzling Diamonds and Two Way Glue. I adhered the butterfly only by placing glue down the middle so that the winds could be "pinched" up. This gives the butterfly some dimension.
Lastly I added some Soft Sky ribbon and adhered my focal using dimensionals.


2 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

GREAT card, Elyse!! I love it!! Great embellishments, and colors and layout.. fabulous!

The Wheelers said...

We heard the news! Congrats all around! We wish you all the best.