Friday, October 10, 2008

Inspired by Nature













This is a card that I made for a demonstrator swap at my Upline's meeting.

I used a technique called "Faux Dry Embossing". What you do is stamp the image using a white craft pad. Then, using Stampin' Up!'s Stampin Ma-jig, you stamp the color of your cardstock (i.e. Kiwi Kiss Stamp pad on the Kiwi Kiss cardstock). You just center it slighty off from the main image. This gives you a embossed effect. Pretty cool, huh? Cool enough to win me 2nd place in the card contest. Sweet beans!



Recipe:

Stamps : Inspired by Nature, Best Yet
C/S: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, WW,
Inks: Craft White, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: DSP Urban Garden, Scallop Edge punch, Circle punches, Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Stampin Majig, white gel pen, dimensionals

3 comments:

angela said...

LOVE it!! my set is on its way!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!! I love the technique!! I just ordered bothe stamp sets and papers!!

The Gabby Stamper said...

Thank you! Have fun when you receive your goodies!