Monday, October 27, 2008

Stamp A Rama & Faux Dry Embossing









This is another card I made using my new favorite technique, Faux Dry Embossing. I made this card for a shoe box swap I was doing with some of the demonstrators in my group. We had to design a card that could be demonstrate in 10 minutes at a workshop/class.

I decided to use a set that I have not had out in a long time, Baroque Motifs. I love the delicate look to this stamp and felt that the lines & swirls would look great with this technique.

I have given instructions for this techinque in a previous post but will list it here again :

Technique: Faux Dry Embossing

1. Take your stamp and stamp on cardstock using White Craft pad.
2. Use Heat tool to set the ink or wait 10 minutes for it to completely dry.
3. Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up your image (having already stamped the image on the ma-jig), you will be using the same color on the image sheet as the cardstock you will be stamping on.
4. Once you have the stamp-a-ma-jig lined up, you will want to off set it just a bit. This will give you the embossed look.
5. Remove your image sheet and stamp over the craft with your main color (same as cardstock. i.e., Pacific Point ink on Pacific Point c/s).

There you have it. Faux Dry Embossing.

Recipe for this card:

Stamp: Baroque Motifs
C/S: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, WW
Ink: White Craft, Pacific Point
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Kiwi Kiss ribbon, Designer label & oval punch, Big Shot & Top note die, dimensionals.

2 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

LOVED this card!! Thanks for teaching us this technique.. it's always great to do it "hands on"! :) Patty

Diane Noble said...

WOW, this is so cool! I love the technique! So glad you shared it at your group and then with us. Will definitely want to do that one. Beautiful! Love your blog. Glad I discovered you from Patty's blog.